Saturday, May 9, 2009

My First Award!!

This week I got to go on my very first business trip! For the past two months I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get 8 new prototypes ready for the National Hardware Show in Las Vegas. I am proud to say that I work with some amazing people who continually make miracles happen. The hard work is going to be making these products actually come to life in a matter of weeks post show! Wish me luck!!

Anyway, we got to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. WAY NICE! Being the only girl I got a whole room to myself which I was pretty stoked on. Our rooms overlooked the pool. PS, if ou ever go to Vegas this is definately a pool you must go to. It had a few nice sandy beach areas where the sand would lead into the pool. There were a bunch of cute cabana's for sunbathing or sunhiding depending on your skin type :).
We got in wednesday afternoon (a day after the show started) to go roam around and see what new stuff was coming out this year. When we reached our booth we were greeted like rock stars! Apparently one of our older projects had won an award the first day of the show and everyone was asking who was behind the project. Tada! I'd like to say it was us, but we caught the tail end of the project as a few others left the company. Either way, it's always fun to get an award!

This is a photo of our Innovations group. Me (the coordinator), Ryan (the engineer) and Steve (the industrial designer). Huge group eh? You'd be suprised what we can do! We constantly suprise ourselves :)


6 comments:

  1. it was soo good to see you today! always fun to catch up. you didnt mention vegas! we went to the hard rock last time we were there too and it was so fun. congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your award and work trip and all that!! You always were so on top of things. I hope you are doing well. You look pretty as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Heidi! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Heidi! I found your blog! I hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi!!! Hope you don't mind but I found you from Megan's blog. Congrats on your trip....you're so amazing! Hope all is going well, sounds like it is.

    ReplyDelete