Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Big Move to TX

Well, if you didn’t know by now, I no longer live in the “Best Snow on Earth” state.  We decided that life might be interesting if we sold everything we owned, cram all our stuff in a 6 X 12’ trailer and see how we would fair in good old Texas.

First thing I learned about TX is that within the year I will be 300 lbs.  There are food places EVERYWHERE!  I have heard that per square mile, Houston has the most diners anywhere.  And since there is such a variety of people here, you can imagine the mixtures of food cultures!

Here is the first new thing I have tested.  A Kolache.  This delicious treat is made at many of the donut shops down here.  It is like an unfrosted donut, with breakfast meat and cheese in the middle.  HEAVEN! 

kolaches

So, when ya’ll decide you might want to come visit, I will have a nice warm plate of the ready for you to snarf!

4 comments:

  1. texas? very adventurous of you. We may just come and visit and you can take us around to some good housing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! And those are waaaay good...also try the ones that have like a sausage thing in the middle! Mmm Texas and fried food are a match made in heaven. Miss you guys!

    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you guys! We miss you already. Hope you guys are having fun down there, and you need to come out to California this summer! And bring some of those donut things you're talking about...

    Kelli and Kirk

    P.S. We have a blog. Shocking, I know. kelliandkirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you, I found you! And you're in Texas?! John is looking into schools down there... maybe we'll be neighbors in another year and a half!

    ReplyDelete