Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Leaf Elves?

Last night we finally got to take a ride on our bikes down the beautiful Alpine Loop.  Apparently everyone else decided to have an FHE adventure there to take family photos anfall leavesd stand dumbfounded in the middle of the trails at all the amazing colors the leaves were presenting.  We ran into (literally) a few old friends from the Belmont days and raced down the hill on our bikes as hikers continually ignored us and decided NOT to move off the trails.  In other words, it was a slow ride :)

Classic Brian moment: On the way up to the summit I kept insisting I smelt paint and for the life of mpainting elfe couldn’t understand why!  Brian looks over so matter-of-factly and says, “Have you seen the leaves?  They don’t change color by themselves, the Leaf Elves paint them!”.  HA HA HA! I LOVE him :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha! That is totally something Brian would say! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, that's funny. I really want to go up the canyon before the colors go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss all those changing leaves in Utah! I think the Leaf Elves need to come to CA. Sounds just like Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite time of the year. I love the leaves changing their colors.
    PS...I finally got to see Julie and Julia and I love that movie. Thanks for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete